Monday, July 23, 2007

Vietnamese Cooking Class

Tim and I took a Vietnamese Cooking Class on Saturday afternoon at Ramekins Cooking School in Sonoma. It was hands on and so much fun!
Here is what we made:

Green Papaya Salad

Sweet Potato and Shrimp Fritters (Tim and I made these)

SUMMER ROLLS

A plate of all of the finished products. Starting from top (clockwise) on lettuce leaf, Sweet Potato and Shrimp Fritter, Green Papaya Salad, Summer Rolls with Nuac Cham Dipping Sauce, freshly made Shrimp Chips, Steamed Rice, Coconut Curry Chicken and in the center there is a small piece of Salmon cooked in a Clay Pot with caramel sauce (my favorite dish).


The class was taught by Joyce Jue and I highly recommend her beautiful book called "Savoring Southeast Asia". I have had it for years and hate to admit I have not made anything from it, but I will now!

No comments: